Mass Effect 3
  • I must admit Commander Shepard. Your prowess and unflinching desire to survive must be commended. Against all odds, all logical outcomes. How is it that you stand before me, here, now. I have lived this moment a thousand times before but never in all my life have I met someone as diligent as yourself.

What can I say. I'm Human.

Can it really be just that? The idea that all your accomplishments...all your sway with the cosmos. It can all be traced back to your race?

I consider stubbornness to be an essential trait. The will to keep fighting, no matter the odds.

Is that so?

I have seen Gods work Shepard.
    I have walked on the edge of Oblivion, witnessed the creation of conception.
    I am the seed in which eternity owes its gratitude. It isn't fate that guides the strokes of reality.
    It's ideals.
    It's action.
    Speech is a meaningless tool from which profits foolishly place their beliefs. But your better than that. Your above it all.

What are you getting at.

This Shepard. This moment.
    You know the truth behind your existence. Behind everything. You were willing to sacrifice everything to prevent it. But here we are, now. I stand before you, a face to the enemy. You tried to warn them, but their in-ability to cope with reality has lead to your inevitable demise. Yet you still fight, as if every breathe you take being another moment you have to change this. You truly wont stop until the very end, will you?

Is that suppose to be a question?

Hmm.

Do you know why we do this Shepard?
    Its how we grow.
    Through your strength and knowledge, we expand and develop. All of history flows within me...every waking moment an experience from which I pull from.

I look forward to seeing what you can teach me.
    Let us settle this once and for all. I'm going to give you a chance to show the universe first hand exactly what the great Commander Shepard is capable of.
    No more words. Just you and I.
    What do you say Shepard?
    Are you willing to fight this one last time?

Who is ready?
  • Woah, dude...spoiler alert. You didn't even try and hide it. Can you please edit that into a Spoiler tag...if you can't can a mod please edit it?

My post was just something I wrote up...it has nothing to do with the game (as I know nothing about it)...your post however, spoils stuff.

• Shit, totally sorry guys. Brain fart on my part. Not sure how to hide it like some peoplde do until you click on it... nevermind , edited.
  • There is an option in the text box...its a little picture of a ? sign. Just highlight the text and click that box.
  • cool , ill use it next time
  • crap site is down, that was quick
  • said:

crap site is down, that was quick

Hopefully you didn't read his original post before it was edited.
  • still there when i click on it. IMO not a major spoiler
  • Considering who the squad mates are, its a pretty big spoiler.
  • a little off-topic but totally relevant if u want ME3 DLC - Have any of u tried that new Xbox Live Rewards Match Game? I just got the e-mail and I'm about to try it out, was hoping for any hints on getting the main prize of 1600 MSP "instantly"

http://rewards.xbox.com/live-on-xbox-live/play/
    I don't mean to jack ur thread or anything, its just this seems too good to be true and since your all online now...
  • Not sure what your referring to? Link?
  • Pfft I predicted the one squadmate at least a year ago.

• hmph, nothing. "Come back everyday until April 12 for more chances to win."
    My time was 41 seconds
  • said:

hmph, nothing. "Come back everyday until April 12 for more chances to win."
    My time was 41 seconds

OK? Well...can you refrain from having conversations with yourself then?

So. Mass Effect 3 tomorrow!
    Who is heading to a midnight launch? I'm going to the Edmonton Bioware launch party (Southgate EB for anyone in Edmonton who wants to come). The voice actor for the Male Shepard will be there to sign shit and take pictures. Ill try and snag some photos and videos to upload here later tonight.

What is everyone else doing in preparation for the big day?
  • gonna try to finish up the ME 2 DLC with my main character tonight. Have to go through Arrival and Overlord.

about 10 minutes ago I got confirmation that my ME 3 CE has been shipped.
  • Southgate...meh.
  • To far away for you? Its the location were Bioware does all their midnight launches in Edmonton. ME2, Dragon Age 2, Old Republic...its really cool meeting up with the team.
  • It's not that bad, just feeling particularly lazy today, plus I have to be up a 6 for work. I suppose the EB at WEM is way too small. I've met a bunch of the guys from Bioware, but still, it would have been cool to get my games signed by Mark Meer.
  • Mass Effect 3 is going to be a PS+ full game trial, releasing at midnight tonight. Full game trials give you 1 hour to play and experience as much of the game as you can before spending the money to buy it. I think it will then be $59.99 on the store...and the download is around 14 GB.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/05/playstation-plus-in-march-early-journey-access-free-sly-cooper-street-fighter-and-more/
  • LOLz! Mass Effect iPhone game? XD
  • Haha, yep. I think it might be the first and only iOS game I ever buy. It looks amazing.
  • said:

Who is heading to a midnight launch?

i would be but the local gamestop isnt doing one, i was actually pretty surprised by this as theyve done it for some pretty undeserving games in the past, and this is a massive release in comparison :(
  • Just got back...holy shit was that an intense launch. Chatted it up with devs, had an intense discussion with the male Shepard voice actor about in-game love interests...and tons of other shit. Took a few pics which ill upload later today since I'm dead tired.
  • This is the best thing I've ever played in my life.. I don't even want to sleep.. The only complaint, which is nitpicking, is that you can't holster your gun when there's no enemies around.

And, a not so spoiler warning.. The Prothean DLC doesn't have much to it. It just shows a bit of flashback and you get to ask him a few questions about his people, and what happened. It doesn't really have THAT much importance as everyone was making it seem like. In case anyone was worried about that. It's just interesting information for fans of the series.. other than that, you can just read about it online and it'll be the same thing.
  • Woo, just got my Collectors edition in the mail. I like the looks of the PC box since it has no 360 or kinect logo across the top. Also came with some extra metal case
  • said:

Woo, just got my Collectors edition in the mail. I like the looks of the PC box since it has no 360 or kinect logo across the top. Also came with some extra metal case

Future Shop? I'm hoping Best Buy properly mails mine to me today.
  • Got mine as well and it has currently taken me about 30 mins to enter all the codes, download them and install the disc as well.
  • said:

Got mine as well and it has currently taken me about 30 mins to enter all the codes, download them and install the disc as well.

What're all the codes for?

- Pre-order weapons
    - Bonus Squad Mate
    - Online Pass

• said:

said:

Woo, just got my Collectors edition in the mail. I like the looks of the PC box since it has no 360 or kinect logo across the top. Also came with some extra metal case

Yes mine was from Future Shop. I kind of like the extra metal case it came with. It has the same picture as the regular metal case but with a background and it says "Mass Effect 3 Collection. It holds 5 disks , so its meant to hold ME 1, 2 and 3 in one case.

Also, I stopped into EB games and luckily aguy that knows me well was there and he hooked me up with the preorder bonus stuff from EB.

• said:

said:

said:

Yes mine was from Future Shop. I kind of like the extra metal case it came with. It has the same picture as the regular metal case but with a background and it says "Mass Effect 3 Collection. It holds 5 disks , so its meant to hold ME 1, 2 and 3 in one case.

Also, I stopped into EB games and luckily aguy that knows me well was there and he hooked me up with the preorder bonus stuff from EB.

Very cool.
  • Holy SHIT this game is amazing. Hands down the best in the series and one of the best games this generation. Will be posting pics later today from last night.
  • said:

Got mine as well and it has currently taken me about 30 mins to enter all the codes, download them and install the disc as well.

spending time entering codes, signing up for shit,etc. thats getting to be a problem with new releases for me. i miss just popping in a cartridge and being ready to play instantly.
  • I'm hearing that there is a problem with face codes, so imported characters dont look the same ...i hope this isnt true
  • said:

I'm hearing that there is a problem with face codes, so imported characters dont look the same ...i hope this isnt true

I'm assuming default-looking Shepards would be fine though. If so, I'm in the clear as all my Shepards, male or female, are default.
  • yeah defaults look the same , its a problem with custom ones. both my characters are custom since I hate the default guy. If my characters dont look the same ill be pissed.
  • For anyone who knows, the "Master and Commander" Achievement, can you get this with the game itself or do you need to have played any of the previous Galaxy at War mini games?

Just want to make sure I can get all the Achievements playing Single Player only and just with the retail game itself.
  • said:

said:

- Pre-order weapons
    - Bonus Squad Mate
    - Online Pass

Bonus Sqaud Mate includes a mission as well, it was almost 700 mb. The install took about 10 minutes and for some reason the online pass took really long to download.
  • said:

said:

said:

- Pre-order weapons
    - Bonus Squad Mate
    - Online Pass

Bonus Sqaud Mate includes a mission as well, it was almost 700 mb. The install took about 10 minutes and for some reason the online pass took really long to download.

Wow. Well it looks like that's what I'll be doing tonight, as my copy is showing delivered.
  • The online pass is larger for those who obtained a CE of the game as it contains all the CE bonuses.
  • my codes that im tryingto redeem on the bioware site are showing as not recognized..... I had this issue with ME 2 when it came out as well.
  • I read something cool about the home of Kaiden
    [spoiler]He's from BC, it's pretty cool.[/spoiler]
  • I think he needs to get a life...his voice is quite annoying too(sounds snobby)..*squeezes nose with fingers* "hey guys im going to complain about some dumb shit and rant about a game cause it doesn't tell me how to crouch"

Now im not normally like this regarding people(making fun of them), but this kind of makes me laugh...

In regards of ME3 i might pick it up after a price drop or 2

LOOK he has another one!

• all I hear is "wah, the game is too hard" but I'm old, from when games didn't explain every little thing to you.
  • I cant beleive someone can be that stupid. It must be a joke .
  • Just finsihed all the ME 2 DLC for my first character....start up the 3rd game and it cant load my custom character face.....I'm pissed. I hope they fix this
  • No, it was more important to allocate development resources to DLC so they can charge you more. Problem?
  • Well i just checked out the forums, apparently they are working on it. I wont play it until its fixed.
  • I picked it up and played the first part...good story telling so far. I actually felt bad at the one part...those who have played probably know...but...spoiler below.

[spoiler]the little boy...who wouldn't go with Sheppard...makes it to the ship only for it to be blown up by the Reapers.[/spoiler]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion